Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads and dads-to-be out there!! My dad's favorite dessert is a banana split, so that was dessert... well, a cake that looked like one anyway.  When I got to my parents' friends' house, they asked how I got there with the ice cream on the cake, and they also thought the cherries and banana were real, so I guess I did a pretty good job.

This is the base iced in gray then painted with silver edible paint.  I used the small oval pan from the Wilton set.  I should have only made it one layer, but I ended up making it two.  I would have liked it more if it were a little shorter. 
These are the "ice cream scoops".  They were made with the mini ball pan; the batter was the same color as the ice cream, and iced in buttercream to look like vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream.
 Here is the cake before adding the banana and cherries.
 Here is a front view of the finished cake.
This is a side view of the cake.

Here is a close-up shot of the sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment