Sunday, July 3, 2011

Independence Day!

Happy 4th of July!! I made 3 cakes for the holiday. Well, I started out making a star cake for my parents to take to their friends' 4th of July party, which they have annually.  These friends happen to be from Montreal, so my mom and I decided on Friday night (the party was Saturday) that I should make them a small Canada Day cake as well.  So I did.  Since it was a small cake, I had extra batter and made it into a 1-layer 8" cake for us.  I would have done cupcakes, but decided to do the cake because I've wanted to try the brush embroidery and writing on a cake, not just a practice board.
I'm very happy with all 3 cakes, but my hand got tired on the star cake because the sections were too small to use the 3-star tip.  I think in the future, I'll try an FBCT for something like the maple leaf on the Canada Day cake.




No comments:

Post a Comment